Core Recruitment SpecialistsCandidate Agreement
Core Recruitment Specialists Ltd Privacy Notice
We are Core Recruitment Specialists Ltd, our registered offices are 183 Edgware Road, London NW9 6LP
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data
Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can
Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice.
The Information we collect
To carry out our core recruitment activities, we collect information about you which may include: your name, address and postcode; private and corporate e-mail address and phone number; financial information and compliance documentation; references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom or Ireland; curriculum vitae and photograph; employment details and preferences; links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook for Business or corporate website.
How we collect this information
The information we collect about you will be provided by you, either by filling out a form on our website [www.corerecruitmentspecialists.co.uk] or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It will also include information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in
discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card, personal recommendations, and any relevant social media sites. In this case – and within 30 days of collecting – we will inform you that we hold this personal data, the source the data originated from, whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
Our legal basis for processing data
Core Recruitment Specialists Ltd only collects personal information for the purpose of recruitment; that is to provide the best possible employment opportunities for you.
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
- We have your consent for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and/or
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website and our business, in particular:
- responding to your queries;
- carrying out direct marketing (to develop our products/services and grow our business);
- providing services and/or information to you;
- for candidates, putting you forward for roles that you are interested in or contacting you regarding roles that you may be interested in;
- for clients, introducing you to candidates that may be suitable for a role within your organisation;
- hosting and maintaining our website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud);
- collecting and recovering money owed to us;
- asking you for a review or take a survey (to keep our records updated and to study how clients and candidates use our services;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences; and/or
- ensuring network and information security,
- as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedoms; and/or
- where this is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us; and/or
- where this is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you (for example to provide goods and/or services to you) or that you have with a third party; and/or
- where this is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
The data controller collecting your personal data for the purpose of this policy is Core Recruitment Specialists Ltd. We use
accepted standards of technology and security to protect your personal data.
How long we keep your data for
We retain different types of data for differing periods of time. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data and how long for includes:
- The nature of the personal data
- Its perceived accuracy of your date
- Your engagement levels with our services
- Our legal obligations following an offer or when a placement has been made.
We may archive part or all of your personal data, or retain it on our financial systems but delete all or part of it from our
recruitment software system. On removal, we may anonymise parts of your data – particularly following a request for
suppression or deletion of your data – to ensure we do not re-enter your personal data to our database, unless you have
requested us to do so.
Since the purpose for processing this personal information is to provide you with work-finding services potentially for your entire working life, the Company does not propose to put a time limit on the length of time it retains this information referred to above, but you are entitled to require us to delete or rectify/update any such data at any time (please refer below “your data protection rights”) below. Other information (such as bank account details and National Insurance number) will not be retained for more than three years from the date of the end of your last assignment through us.
You have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data where we are not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for the purposes it was collected;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data – while you are requesting that your personal information is corrected or erased or are contesting the lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for its use to be restricted while the application is made;
- The right to object if we process your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing;
- The right to receive a copy of your personal information and to transfer your personal information to another data
controller. We will not charge for this and will in most cases aim to do this within one month;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your personal information; and
- In most situations we will not rely on your consent as a lawful basis to process your data. If we do however request your consent to the processing of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right not to consent or to withdraw your consent later.
Any requests made by you in respect of your personal information should be made to the Company’s Compliance Team
at email@example.com. We will respond to requests regarding your rights within 30 days. Many of the rights listed above are subject to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
Who do we share your data with?
For the purpose of the recruitment process, we will share your CV with specific clients. We will never share your CV with anyone outside of our organisation without your express written permission.
When we share your data with one of our specified clients, we both become controllers of your data.
Your personal data is all stored within the UK.
To help us to maintain the accuracy of the personal data that we hold please let us know if we hold out of date or inaccurate
information about you.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, you will be notified by e-mail. Please check back frequently to view any updates or changes to our privacy notice or for any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org